This project is for the creation of a new web based service to allow the quick and easy retrieval of historical FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) product pricing and promotional data sourced from scrapping the websites of large retailers (e.g. Walmart, Tesco). The data will be used by FMCG professionals in the industry to develop product strategies and analyse competitor activity.
Top line concept
Google Search for FMCG products, prices and promotions
Services I require
I need an experienced software developer who has worked on projects involving the following applications (in priority order)
1. Search – creating a simple front end search engine to retrieve data from very large csv or similar databases
2. User Interface – create a very simple and elegant UI – Google is the perfect example
3. Data scrapping from websites – creating software to pull certain data from websites e.g. retrieving product price information from amazon.com.
I am happy to work with a team of developer who have the above experience.
The retrieval of historical FMCG product pricing and promotions helps industry professionals make decisions about future product and pricing decisions. Some examples of the use of this type of data:
• Coca Cola reviewing competitor promotions by Pepsico to help Coke make future decisions about running different promotions in the future.
• Tesco reviewing price information about products stocked by Asda/Walmart and then changing Tesco's product pricing to match or become more competitive versus Asda/Walmart.
Please see the attached for full details - please read before responding to this bid!!!
29 freelancers are bidding on average $4576 for this job
Already developed similar systems. Kindly accept my bid for your Food and Drink Industry platform project and be assured of a high quality work with our highly experienced and dedicated developers. Thanks
Thanks for your consideration, please see our message and if you would like to discuss the project further do get in touch and I’ll give you a call.