Simple website css/html modifications and short URLs
This project received 16 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $87 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$20 - $100 USD
The website that I am in the process of putting up uses MediaWiki software. The website address is www.thebrilliantpath.com. I would like the following changes to be made:
1) Modify the URL’s of the MediaWiki content pages so that they become “pretty URL’s” (short URLs)
For search engine readability the URL of your content pages will be important. Rather than [url removed, login to view] you should be opting for a much clearer url like [url removed, login to view] Here you will perform a URL rewrite using an .htaccess file. This is a complicated change as you can compromise the security of your site by doing this incorrectly.
2) Add black top bar to the very top of all of the pages (similar to [url removed, login to view]). Move Search box with "Go" and "Search" button onto this black bar to the top right corner of the page (next to "Log in" text). Change buttons to look like the "submit" button.
3) Decrease font of the text on top of the page in order to move up orange menu bar up so that it is higher on the page. If possible, to the part of the page that currently starts with "right career".
4) Decrease height of orange menu bar ("start here", "meet us", "how we help", "articles", "books", "programs", "contact') slightly. Extend the orange color all the way to both ends of the page (just blend the orange menu bar into the color strip). I like the strips of color across the page like the [url removed, login to view] website.
5) Move text on left navigation bar farther to the left (but keep right justified). Move page so that it is centered, and there is equal space on the right and left side.
6) Put icons on for "Facebook", "Linked In", "Twitter", "Google+", Pinterest, Stumbleupon, Evernote, Weibo, Blogger, rss feeds near the top of the page, to the right of the "submit" button. I know that this may cause the logo width to shrink. Also put these icons in the footer above the company name and address.
7) Format footer to look better. Make the footer orange (like the grey footer at www. hubspot). also, place a black bar at the very bottom of the page to mirror the black bar at the top of the page.
8) Remove "Main Page" header from front page. The slider on the front page should be moved up. I have another slider that may work better - and I can send the script.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online