Trivia Game Website
- Status Completed
- Budget $750 - $1500 USD
- Total Bids 19
Below are the specifications for a fairly simple trivia game website I would like to have programmed. Please answer the four questions at the end or your bid will not be considered.
1. Multiple choice trivia with 1 correct answer and 3 incorrect answers
2. Visible 30-second timer within each question
3. Each game consists of 10 questions, pulled randomly from a database of questions.
4. Scoring system: user earns points for each question they answer correctly, depending on how long much time remains on the timer. The points for the 10 questions are summed to calculate a total game score.
5. User registration: email address, user name, password. Email verification to confirm user registration.
6. Users may play trivia games with their User Name or anonymously without registering/logging in. Anonymous scores will not be eligible for Leaderboards.
7. Users may log in with either email address + password or user name + password.
8. Users may retrieve forgotten passwords by email.
9. Trivia game process for users:
a. Select trivia category
b. Option of logging in, if not already logged in
c. Play 10-question trivia game
d. After submitting their answer to each question, user see what the correct answer is and the # and % of all users who got the correct answer.
e. View game score and where that score ranks on the Leaderboard for the selected trivia category.
10. Website design must be
a. Professional looking, but also have a “fun” look, since this is a game.
b. Have buttons/links for Play Trivia, Leaderboards, Submit Questions, Contact Us
d. Maximize advertising opportunities with space for banner and/or skyscraper ads. The website is free, so revenue will only be gained through advertising.
e. Have space for Facebook “Like” and Google+ buttons.
11. There will be up to 100 trivia categories and therefore up to 100 different leaderboards.
12. There will be a separate leaderboard for each trivia category.
13. Trivia database will be submitted to you in Microsoft Excel format. Each row contains one question.
a. For many trivia categories, multiple fields will be needed to identify questions that belong to each category. For example, there are multiple columns that identify whether the question is music, movies, tv, etc., as well as another column for decade… so in order to pull 10 random questions for “1980s Music Trivia”, multiple category identifiers and the decade identifier will need to be used.
14. Assist me in selecting a hosting provider for the website.
15. Your pricing must include up to 20 future updates to the trivia database, in which I give you an entire database in Excel for you to replace.
16. After website launch, once per month you will deliver an Excel file to me that will include three columns: Question ID (each question has a unique ID #), the number of times a correct answer was submitted and the number of times an incorrect answer was submitted for each question. I want to be able to identify questions that are too easy or too difficult and remove them. Alternatively, build an online tool for me to view this information at any time.
I must preview and approve the general website design before you go ahead with programming the trivia functionality.
In your submission please include the following. If you do not include these, your bid will not be considered.
1. Your cost
2. A range of how long it will take to program: minimum and maximum time.
3. Your per-hour cost to make changes after website is launched
4. Your additional cost of developing an online administration tool for me to add/remove/modify questions in the database.
5. Your additional cost of adding to the online administration tool – functionality for me to add/modify existing trivia categories and leaderboards within the app. This functionality must allow me to specify the database parameters used for each category.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online