Update home page of existing Magento shopping cart website
This project was successfully completed by padoosoft for $400 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In7 days
The home page of [url removed, login to view] needs to be updated to bring important information above the fold and reduce category options from main navigation. Creativity needs to be used when reorganizing the layout, while still reflecting the original design of the website.
1. Update top banner. This will affect all pages.
* Add Free shipping logo w/link
* Add "for infants to teens and everyone in between" text near logo.
* move location of search box, social media icons and shopping cart links (my account, my cart and login).
* Add the following three text links to the bottom left of the top banner:
* Our Story - Update About Us CMS page
* Testimonials - New CMS page using various reviews from our Google Places Account and some reviews from the current Video reviews page.
* Store Locations - links to existing page.
2. Remove narrow full width banner add under primary navigation.
3. Add scrolling marque of baby pictures under the top banner, but above the main navigation. This needs to be implemented to read the photos from a directory on the server, so it is easy to update the images that are being displayed in the marque by uploading and deleting files in a folder on the server. This needs to be implemented using JQuery and CSS, not Flash.
4. Change the primary navigation to the following:
* Furniture - the current functionality of the exiting Furniture primary navigation button needs to still work
* Baby Gear - links to the existing Baby Gear category page and display the exploded menus similar to the Furniture navigation button.
* Bedding & Room Decor - links to the existing Baby Bedding page and display the exploded menus similar to the Furniture navigation button.
* Shop Brands - links to the existing shop by brand page
* Gifts - link to existing Gift page and display the exploded menus similar to the Furniture navigation button.
* Necessities - link to existing necessities page and display the exploded menus similar to the Furniture navigation button.
* Clearance - links to existing Kloseout Kloset page (rename the Kloseout Kloset to Clearance, using the same font as the rest of the primary navigation)
* Baby Gift Registry - links Baby Registry
5. Right Side bar and home page ad sections under primary navigation. There will be three ad sections on the home page with one section being twice as wide as the other two ad sections.
* Move right side bar down so there is room for a full width of adds at the top of the page under the primary navigation.
* Update existing large ad section to display rotating images. This needs to be implemented to read the images from a directory on the server, so it is easy to update the ads that are being displayed in this section by uploading and deleting files in a folder on the server. The images would be cropped to fit on the this section of the page. This needs to be implemented using JQuery and CSS, not Flash.
* Replace the current Store Ad on the home page with a smaller rotating ad section. This section should use the same underlying code as the large ad section described above, but reference a different folder to read the images. Ideally the large and the small ad sections would transition at the same time, to reduce the amount of movement on the page.
* Using creativity, update the current Enter to Win email sign up form, to be the same size as the smaller ratting ad section. The functionality will remain the same.
* Remove the following items from the right column
* Enter to Win email sign up form.
6. Keep the current featured item section with text box below the 9 featured items.
7. In the footer, remove the "Become a Fan!" Facebook section.
8. Update Store Location Page.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online