Our website is currently about three years old and built on Joomla 1.5 and we would like to dramatically improve its functionality and productivity for our users while upgrading to Joomla 3.0 compatibility and its social media and mobile web capabilities.
We are happy with the overall generally design and navigation of the website and do not wish to change this dramatically.
Currently we have over 300 vacations on our website which are designed and managed through the K2 plug in which is limited in its functionality and productivity. We would like the successful freelancer to rethink this data input/output method.
- Convert and port website from Joomla 1.5 to 3.0 while maintaining and improving functionality and taking advantage of Joomla 3's added features.
- Creating a useable and presentable mobile web experience.
- Rethink and redesign the data output as it relates to trip display on the website while allowing cross tagging and improved search ability.
- Improve and rethink the search functionality on the website for prospective clients to find the correct trip for them.
- Port and possibly rethink the blogging functionality of the website (currently using EasyBlog).
- Improve the online booking (reservation) system (does not require eCommerce links at this point).
- Buildout and improve social media links such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Improve the page response and display times.
- Design must be SEO Friendly and ready.
Additional Important Objectives:
- Leverage the over 80,000 images we have on Flickr to dramatically improve the media experience.
- Create a backend database (manageable in Joomla or other easy-to-use CMS system) for our accommodation descriptions and flickr images to be linked into the trip information of each trip item.
- Convert our K2 trip management system into a database-driven method for easy data input and search.
- Create a 'Past-Client Community' where past clients are encouraged to post ratings and reviews on their travel experience with ability to easily upload or import images from popular image management sites like Flickr, etc.
The successful freelancer will ideally be a Joomla Expert with experiencing in upgrading sites to Joomla 3, has considerable experience in designing user-first navigation and has excellent knowledge of Joomla Extensions and Components which would enhance our website dramatically.
There are excellent chances for ongoing work as our dedicated website consultant and developer.
If you have any questions of clarification on objectives, please let us know.
34 freelancers are bidding on average $2939 for this job
Your Joomla 3 website can be easily developed by our 2 very experienced dedicated programmers. Kindly open PMB to discuss your project further and move ahead. Thanks, Sushil
Hello , I have reviewed your project description and all the point you have mentioned in the posting. Kindly check the pmb for the details. regards Tom
We have all the required designer and developer you are looking for and can allocate dedicated resources for your project. You will be very happy and satisfied of our services.
I am an expert in joomla and i am ready to give your site great functionality and make it easier for users to navigate through the site. Thank you Adeola