Video Sharing Website
This project received 24 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $12 USD / hour.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$8 - $15 USD / hour
The project includes building a video sharing website similar to YouTube( but ofcourse, different from Youtube at the same time). I want to cater to a specific audience to upload their videos. In the initial phase of the launch, the main goal is to obtain brand awareness and getting users to upload their videos. Once the website gets popular enough, I would like to include contests that users can participate. See below for specifics:
Admin will have the option to add the competition. While adding the competition, the admin have to fill the following details:
1. Competition Title
3. Competition start date - From this date, the subscribers can start adding videos
4. Competition to date - End date to add the videos
5. Competition vote start date - This is the start date that allow the users to vote for the videos.
6. Competition vote end date - End date to vote for the videos
7. Categories list - This is the list of categories that will linked with the competition...Categories are R&B/Hip Hop, Country, Acoustic/Soul, Pop
2. The videos that are enrolled for the competitions will be displayed as a grid under the menu "The Challenge" (Name is subject to change). The grid will contain the owner of the video, video created date, status etc.,
3. The videos that are not enrolled for the competitions in other words, the videos that are uploaded by the normal users will be displayed as a grid under a specific category i.e. R&B/Hip Hop, Country, Acoustic/Soul, Pop.
4. The videos that has been declared as the winner will be displayed here in the form of grid with the owner of the video, number of the votes, category etc.,
1. Registration: The users can register with the website in two ways 1. Normal Registration 2. Subscription registration. If the user wants to register normally, then they have to fill the normal registration form and they will come under free membership. In other words, they do not want to pay to register with the site. If the user wants to be "Stars" (subscribers), they can go by selecting the payment method for the subscription option.
2. Upload videos: The subscribing users(stars) can add any number of videos to the site whereas the normal users can upload only 3 videos to the site. The stars while adding the videos to the site, they will have an additional option to select the competition and the respective categories.
3. A video will be declared as the winner by calculating the number of votes for the videos. Once the vote id given by the user, then he cannot re-vote that particular/already voted video again. The logged in user can alone vote the video. Stars and also the normal users can vote. But the user cant vote his own videos.
4. Winning videos will be showcased under featured videos category (The Winners) in the home page of our website; top of the page.
5. Videos will not be deleted after contest get closed. Winning videos will be displayed under featured videos in their respective category. The winning videos will be made as "Winner" and featured right on the top of the home page for approx 1 week ( maybe 1 month in the beginning). After the features time is up, these videos will get placed back into the general videos section. Until the contests kicks off however, the featured videos can be based on number of "likes" or most "views."
6. The subscribers can participate only in 3 contest in a month, since he has subscribed only for the one month. If the admin has given only 2 competition in a month, then he can participate in both. If there are 5 competitions in open, then he can participate only in 3.
Please know a logo will also be needed for the website.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online