Wanted: Web developer needed for startup's prototype site
This project received 48 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $ USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
What we're looking for:
We need an experienced developer to work with us in constructing a great prototype website. As is the nature of most prototypes, the finished product is not meant for public use. Above all else, it is meant to act as a proof-of-concept and demonstrate our unique company vision. It should be regarded as a finished pre-beta version.
Our company is based in the social networking market and so must our website. We need to construct a basic platform with security and future scalability in mind. We do not mind the use of pre-fab code and frameworks but insist that custom code be used when and where possible. The chosen developer will be laying the foundation to our site and that foundation needs to be strong and versatile.
Those applying must be able to communicate with us frequently and provide detailed updates throughout the duration of the project.
The site will need the following features:
1. A member/profile system that provides individual landing pages for users to display information to the public (think MySpace, Facebook, etc). These profile pages need to have the ability to display embedded photos, videos, and audio.
2. An internal messaging system providing member-to-member communication.
3. A basic search/query system allowing users to search/browse through profiles based on specific keywords.
4. A classifieds section allowing users to post listings and browse through them based on keywords/filters.
5. Other assorted basic pages.
6. Cross-browser compatibility with a focus on IE, Firefox, and Opera.
More detailed information of our needs will be provided as needed.
- A viewable portfolio of past client works.
- Advanced skills in PHP, MySQL, HTML, and other web-centric design languages.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic to intermediate skills in UI/graphic design. The site will need to have a proper front-end for demonstration purposes.
- Ability to provide simple/understandable but thorough status updates as needed.
***We are only accepting serious fixed price bids. We are working on a tight budget and will not re-negotiate prices later on.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online