An Adventure travel is a type of tourism, involving exploration or travel to remote, exotic and possibly intimidating areas. Adventure tourism is rapidly growing in popularity, as tourists seek different kinds of vacations. It gains much of its excitement by allowing its participants to step outside of their comfort zone. This may be from experiencing culture shock or through the performance of acts that require considerable effort and involve some degree of risk and/or physical danger. This may include activities such as Mountaineering, Trekking, Walking, Bungee jumping, Rock climbing, White water rafting, Canoeing, Fishing Jungle, Visit Safaris, Hang gliding, Paragliding, Mountain biking, road cycling, bird and animal watching, etc. Accesses to inexpensive consumer technology, with respect to Global Positioning Systems, social networking and photography, have increased the worldwide interest in adventure travel.
A leading company for nature adventure and ecotourism in Sri Lanka wanted you to develop a website in order to give personal attention to each of their client's individual wants and needs. They want to guide clients in all their adventure activities and travel plans. They suppose to publish information for all adventurous, nature loving and the wildlife enthusiast. The website will need to provide the following features:
• A home page from which it is possible to navigate to the other resources in the website. The home page will need to quickly communicate the purpose of the site, be visually engaging and provide clear navigation to the rest of the site.
• A page that explains briefly what the adventure is and popularity of adventure in Sri Lanka.
• Information on the adventure activities such as type of activity, and how to participate with and locations. This section of the website should feature a minimum of six pages. There are different ways of categorizing adventure activities, for example, water base activities and land base activities. Choose an appropriate organizational structure for this part of the website. In the future many additional pages will be added to this section of the website so think carefully about the structure and navigation. You are free to structure this part of the site in any way you see fit, however images should be used to show each activity.
• If relevant, and possible, a video clip of the adventure activity.
• A page that explains ecotourism in Sri Lanka.
• A page providing online user registration to obtain more services provided by the company (booking tours, Upload your adventure photos for others to view). Users will be able to log into the site after the registration has completed.
• A page that provides links to other websites of interest and sources of further information.
1.1. Do a research using existing websites with information about adventure activities and ecotourism. You should make notes and record the addresses of useful websites that you find.
1.2. Evaluate the functions and advantages of existing and relevant web applications.(P35.1.1)
1.3. Identify available web authoring tools and markup languages used when developing web applications and evaluate different client-side & server-side scripting languages. (P35.1.2)
1.4. Briefly describe security issues of web applications and give your recommendations to improve security of your web application. (P35.1.3)
Please check full project in attachment.