Web and Database Design for Architecture Startup
This project was awarded to asthainc for $750 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
I need help in developing a database driven website for a startup architecture company. The website will be a user interface (for multiple user types) to access and input information to and from a database via the internet (and intranet?) for educational and operational purposes. I have most of the information that will be required initially for the educational component formatted in excel documents. This information was gathered from several industry accepted sources such as building codes, contracts, professional practice publications, and licensing exam manuals. The operational data will be actual project information (from future projects) such as client information, contractual conditions, project budgets, actual project accounting, meeting minute decisions, project drawing and specification uploads, etc. The launch of the website for operational purposes will require working forms along with upload and download capabilities under secure conditions.
While I have design capabilities and development software I need help creating the coding and database structure to put my ideas into a web compliant format. The database structure should utilize existing standardization protocols such as Omniclass, Masterformat, and Uniformat (I can provide information on these). The trend for the Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry is towards standardization, interoperability, and integration but I haven't seen examples of websites that actually implement these principles in practice. I have found pieces of websites that perform some of functions that I am looking for. I can provide a list of these if helpful.
I foresee the process of developing this website in multiple parts (I of course will defer to your suggestions):
1) Define the purpose and users of the website (done)
2) Gather the data content into a data dictionary (in progress 75%)
3) Develop a conceptual model-structure (this is where I need help to move forward)
4) Develop an internal model database (once this is developed I will most likely perform the majority of the input)
5) Creating the website (I will be involved with creating the concept and UI but will need help with the coding)
6) Posting and maintenance of the website and database (if my concept works this is where I think there is a partnership potential. While the website will be a tool used by my architecture practice, it should also generate income on its own through advertisement and commission revenues by product manufacturers interested in a focused target market such as will be the users of this site. The administrator of the site would share in these profits along with profits from attracting users, spin off applications, and even selling the website template for other companies in non-competing market sectors.)
7) There is a potential for software development and integration if the website concept in successful.
I want to work with someone that is able to help layout the process and provide tools for moving forward in a collaborative relationship. I am not looking to sit back while someone else does all the work. I expect to be asked for information and input. While I have done extensive research on website and database design and structure I am simply not able to conceptualize how to parse all of the information into tables and then create the appropriate forms and query language to create the front end that I am looking for. Put simply, I know what I want but I don't know how to get there. If I had years to figure it out I could but I don't want to miss the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage for my startup architecture company. Eventually the governmental and large institutions will figure it out but for now they are just too big and clumsy to fuse standardization with innovation. Let's work together to put together a really useful cutting edge site. Thanks for your interest.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online