RecommendedIn Directory Function Spec for Geo Theme
RecommendedIn is a FREE directory for local businesses to register on, where you can rate and review them, to help other people share in your good experience.
When you search for a business, the search results are ranked in order, with the businesses with the best and most reviews appearing at the top of the page.
The free directory is used as an inbound marketing tool to sell businesses other marketing products. For this reason, the CMS behind the website must be coded into the CRM system (Infusionsoft).
We have chosen Wordpress Geo Theme by Theme Tailors.
Important Points to Consider
1. Time is of the essence. The Client requires the first site, covering the firs area (Gloucestershire, UK) to be ready as quickly as possible, and no later than the end of April 2013.
2. The developer must provide advice on hosting.
3. The developer must provide advice on SEO. Each listing on the directory must have a searchable URL and be included in the sitemap. The listing profiles must also follow best SEO practices, making correct use of H1 and H2 content etc.
4. The developer is required to import a data base of users and listings (CSV file will be provided).
5. Developer must code the CMS and CRM to sync on a regular basis. Further details provided below.
6. Once the first site has been completed, the plan is immediately to launch a further 8 clones sites for 8 new geographical areas.
7. The directory / web site must follow a complete custom design for the look and feel. The client understands that this first thing to do is get the site built, then hand over to a front end web designer. Again, the developer must advise the client if this is the correct strategy.
The client eventually wants the business to have one single website, for the entire Country, with over 4 million listings. The client also understands that Geo Theme cannot handle a large volume of listings above 20,000. The developer must advise the client on whether it is best to?
A, Launch 9 different sites, using wordpress multi-site and then work on the long term large single site to migrate over to in 6-12 months.
B, Launch one site for the whole of the UK now (but with limited listing numbers) and then custom develop the website and hosting to be able to cater for the growth and volume. If this is the best strategy to follow, then the first site /phase must be able to handle listing volumes of up to 50,000.