- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 25
We have set up a company in the UK and we require someone who is experienced in building websites to develop a website for us from start to finish, to include logo, graphics etc.
The eventual person which we hire will be required to sign a non disclosure agreement before full details of the idea are released, but the principles behind the website shall be:
- A search function that allows users to put their UK post code in and sorts results by proximity. The results could be retailers, for example, and therefore there will have to be a database that sits behind the website which I must be able to change from time to time updating it as and when required.
- The results should be presented in list form, but the user must be allowed to sort the results depending on different categories. To use retailers again as an example, some users may only be interested in those retailers which specialise in mens clothing and therefore there must be a function that allows them to reduce the results further. For instance, the users should be able to reduce results by the type of clothes the retailers sell (i.e mens) but also by a limit on the average price of their products (no more than £100) and proximity (within 5 miles of the post code).
- Behind each result the user must be able to select the result and look at a profile for each retailer. The profile could include a picture album and various text - again I will need to be able to do simply and easily. If a user decides they like the look of a result, they may wish to buy - now, because of the nature of the product we will be selling any user interested in buying will want to buy at least three of the results. It could be a combination - 2 of 1 result and 1 of a third result or three of one of the results or even one of three different results. This means there must be a shopping basket of some kind so a users selections can be consolidated.
- Once a user has made three selections, the products will be purchased by making a one off payment which could be subject to change if the user has a promotional voucher code and by entering into a monthly direct debit. The amount payable under the monthly direct debit would be ascertained by applying a simple mathematical calculation which I have come up with - so this will have to be considered.
- Each order must then be processed automatically, the one off payment debited from a user's bank account and a direct debit set up automatically. The orderer's details then added into a database.
- There is another element to the website which I will also need developed. It will be a section for retailers to login. Each retailer which advertisers will have a personalised login. A retailer should be able to login and confirm that each orderer who has purchased our product is a customer and let us know simultaneously that they have visited the retailer. Each orderer would only be permitted to visit a retailer a maximum of say once a month, for example. Therefore if when the retailer "checks in" the orderer to their shop using their log in section of the website, the website needs to be able to tell the retailer automatically that the orderer is not permitted to use the retailer if he/she has already been that month. But it must re-fresh the following month to allow the orderer to use the retailer again.
Other than this functionality the website would be pretty basic but it needs to look very slick and professionally.
Needless to say the site would be developed on the basis that all content was owned by us following completion of the transaction.
I will need to see evidence that you are capable of producing the sort of site I am after by showing be some examples of other live sites you have developed and I would also like references, if available.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online