Zen Cart based Auction
This project received 20 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1243 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
General Description: Set of virtual products in several categories is periodically getting sold by site administrator through the closed auction to the highest bidder.
Zen Cart is chosen for its customer administration, product administration as well as available auction contribution. Please read description below; if you feel there is a better way- I am open for suggestions.
1. Full featured customer administration. After self registration customers should be approved by administrator to bid in the auction and can be later suspended by admin.
Customers have access to their account to update their information. Administrator is able to manually add/edit/delete user accounts. User is getting email message with any changes in his account status. Password forgotten feature required.
2. Account history needed. Users should be able to view and print their past and current invoices. Administrator should be able to add/edit/delete invoices and mark status pending/paid with date and reference #
3. No payment gateway required. Winners are notified by e-mail with the link to their printable invoice and payment instructions. Payments are manually confirmed by administrator, therefore checkout procedure should be bypassed. (Please read 5 regarding multiple products/ invoices/ email confirmations)
4. Product administration. Most of the time the same set of products will be auctioned. Shopping cart style catalog administration should be combined with the capability to easy re-list sets of products for the new auction.
5. Auction features. Scheduling start and end date and time. Product specific bid increment. Features for customers: auction watch and proxy bidding. E-mail notification to winners and losers who participated in the auction. The same customer may participate and win several auctions- all winning, loosing messages as well as invoices should be combined into the single message and the single invoice. Auction administrator should receive full report at the end of the auction.
6. When there is no open auctions customers should be able to browse products in catalog mode. When auction is open, only auctioning products should be available to browse/bid.
7. Products to be sold don't have weight, UPC code, shipping address, tax, don't require downloading. These and other zen cart features (like specials module, new products module etc) should be completely disabled and don't clutter front and back end.
Will discuss more details with selected provider(s).
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online