migrating websites from shared hosting to Amazon storage hosting
This project received 39 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $182 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
I would like to migrate from my shared hosting to Amazon hosting.
The task is to move 18 Active sites from shared hosting to Amazon hosting.
Some of the sites are WordPress and some are Drupal.
All of the sites are content except for one which is WP and has e-commerce plugin in it.
The work requires Linux cmdline howto (specifically on Ubuntu).
Also needed knowledge in Databases of Drupal and WP in order to recreate them completely on the new hosting.
1. Copy / download the website files and the database.
2. Create subdomains
3. Create the databases.
4. Go to the right directory
5. For each site -
- Expand the files into the right directories
- Import the databases
- Update the site config with the new DB details
7. Update the symbolic links .
8. Crontab definitions - for drupal sites.
9. Sanity check, to verify the site works on the subdomain
I will be in charge of changing the DNS.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online