mobile text alerts systems
This project received 56 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2626 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$1500 - $3000 USD
Develop a system for the collection, review and management of the news information from the web that will be distributed via email or text messages.
The goal is for our customer to be able to see news that is relevant to them. So, we will use the content management system to collect their preferences of the news stories they want to see, then, the system will scrape the web (or preferred news sources) to find information that is most relevant to their preferences. The stories will then go into a queue into the system for our super admin to manually review. Once approved, the news item will distribute to the customer's email or mobile phone (as a text alert), depending on their user preferences.
We will require design and development, and would prefer for this to be crowd-sourced, though we are open to sourcing from individual vendors, as well. We also aim for this system to be developed in either Drupal or Wordpress as we like the scalability that both CMS systems have to offer, but if you would like to propose a different solution, we are open to it. Administration is very important, as there will be 3 different levels of users in the front/back end of the system. See below for more information on the requirements.
Bulleted list of requirements:
1a. Administrator side (3 different users)
* super admin
* admin-alert reviewer
* checking for relevancy (tick off yes/no if relevant)
* if yes, write 60 character summary or key words
* admin- client user preference
* update preferences for format and frequency (text and/or email HTML or plain text)
* update preferences for subject matters of interest for alerts
* unsubscribe from all services
* update username/password
* send support message to website administrator
1b. Development: Set-up requirements gathering document for customer to assist with sales process. Include:
* preferred data sources (up to 5 sources for MVP); should we ask them to select their own sources and select from our list
* preferences for what content they are looking for
1c. Development: Maintenance requirements
* Should be built in such a way that any modules used are automatically upgradeable for feature or security purposes, without compromise as a result of customising or hacking.
* front end of site (what does it include)
* admin user interface for reviewer
* admin user interface for client user/set-preferences
* HTML email
* example of what alerts look like:
* summary or key words
* plus link to full article
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online