news website - repost
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 19
Building a news website with the following features:
1. Uniform design for all devices (desktop, smartphones, tablets, etc)
With more people using mobile devices for web browsing, I want to make
sure the site offers a rewarding experience no matter where the users
2. Work on all browsers, performing well on a wide variety of platforms
3. Loading very fast
4. Easy navigation for visitors
5. CMS platform that can be easily used by non-experts such as myself
(not programmers) to edit and modify content (articles, photos,
videos, classifieds, ads, etc)
6. Post videos (not only from you tube) Choosing a video player that
doesn't require users to download software.I want to be able to post
videos by myself and also offer this possibility to visitors to post
their videos by themselves after approval.
7. Scrolling news in a vertical column to transmit news every 5 minutes
8. In the left and right margins of the screen instead of leaving a
blank space to use it for placing advertisement.
9. Providing the possibility to the user to post his classified ad
(text only ad, or photo ad or video ad) and to pay with credit card,
paypal or by bank transfer.
10. The same goes for the advertiser: to be able to ‘upload’ his ad at
a preselected space and pay with the same methods mentioned above.
11. Connection with other social media sites (twitter, linkedin, facebook)
12. Menu bar with 10 categories and various subcategories (the
subcategories will open in windows like the ones at: [url removed, login to view]
(i mention it indicatively)
13. Polls and archive with past polls, so visitors can review what
14. Having a space where bloggers can post their blogs
15. Weather feature
16. Interactive map of Europe, where the user can click on a country
and on a new page he will be able to find information, links, photos,
videos for the respective country.
17. Elastic lay out, so the readers can choose the size of fonts such
as in [url removed, login to view] (on top of the page, next to the date,
there is a button “text size” saying “normal, bigger, biggest”
18. Space for comments by visitors under the published articles.
19. Registration in main search enginesGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online