Small Joomla 1.5 website www.t u n e i n s t r u m e n [url removed, login to view] is needed to be redesigned and make responsive design with current modern website trends. Eg. bootstrap. Data were already migrated into Joomla 3.
Web should contain: home, products, support, how to and news.
Focus on products presentation.
It would be nice to have different layout for each web page. And 3 different layouts for three groups of products.
Home page should contain introduction para, then manually moving carousel/slider of 3 featured products. In one of them, there will be video with app logo, app name, slogan and available on app store, in other slides some graphics and text: app logo, app name, slogan and available on app store. One product at time visible in slider. When user clicks any arrow it should show next featured product.
Below that it could be possible to show other 3-4 apps logos with app name below it. With possibility to show more by clicking read more.
Integration with social media, facebook, google+, twitter, youtube. And newsletter. That can be placed in header and/or footer so that it will be visible on every page. Maybe to display fb fan box with feed in some way eg. [url removed, login to view]
I have some logo in PSD designed, check if it could suit the web, if need modify.
On Products page show random or sorted product list, say 3-4 rows having 2-3 products per row and at the end of all rows put link of see more or like go to next page anything. And going to other page it will show other products. On the same page at top corner there should be a drop down for sorting of the products by group and there will be three group names. Whatever group user will select, products of selected group wil be showed. With option for sorting the products group wise. Or some other suitable form for this page, give ideas.
In Support page contact form add option to select Category with options: Web Site, all product names and then General Inquiry.
Change How to page: instead of having three sub pages for how to, make single page. Where first will be shown video of violin there with two other links how to play Banjo and other link how to play Mandolin. When user will click on any other link it show video for that. One page how to should look more professional.
For News page, allow to place user comments with preventing spam of course.
Make header and background images for social media. Facebook fun page, Google+ page, Twitter page, and Youtube channel.
Advices about website I got from friend:
The redesigned website should follow current website trends.
- base is light background website or even white background
- simplicity is beauty
- avoid dark backgrounds (which is difficult to read)
- responsive design for sure
- avoid caps use (capital letters in words use)
- comply with the fundamental principles - eg. underlined
- not use too much rounded corners - in all - rounded menu, header etc. is out of current website trend
- bootstrap use (today if bootstrab is used, then nice migic can be made with it and then it is not necessary to create complicated graphics (joomla 3 is bootstrap based)) [url removed, login to view]
- my private opinion is: "that it could be better and or easier to try to modify existing bootstrap theme design to the needs of website, than to try to make a mockup and then to try to make it bootstrap", but it is up to you, result is needed.
- use social plugins, use fb fanbox or goole+ box, fb fun box can contain feed of latest info
- as social icons can be used things from [url removed, login to view]
- if possible use advantages of joomla 3
- use fonts and icons optimized for retina (as described in joomla 3 descriptioin: Icomoon font icon library provides a wealth of retina-optimized icons)
For inspiration have a look to some templates eg. here: [url removed, login to view] , where the templates also contain PSD, which is easy to modify for own website needs.