238352 vBulletin template hack
This project is now closed with a project budget of N/A.Get free quotes for a project like this
We're looking to modify a vBulletin site to utilise a two-column layout using the [url removed, login to view] product (known as VBCMPS). vbAdvanced VBCMPS is a free add-on for the forum software vBulletin, used to manage content, and show left and right side bars on forum pages.
Most of the functionality we need can be achieved "out-of-the-box" using the VBCMPS product. But we want to modify the layout of the showthread slightly to shrink the first post on each page of a thread, to show a 300x250 advertising unit.
You can see a working example of the kind of layout we're looking for on the slashdot website:
[url removed, login to view]
The Nickname/Password box to the right shrinks the first post while the remainder of the thread expands more fully.
After the first post is shown, we continue showing the remaining elements of the right-hand VBCMPS column alongside showthread in a more compact fashion.
I have attached a screenshot of a mockup that shows this in action. The mockups demonstrates the following specifications:
1. You have the first post at the top.
2. To the right the advertising column that occupies some of the space that would usually be taken by the first post.
3. Directly below you have the second post of the thread.
4. To the right of the second post, you have "User CP" which marks the start of the VBCMPS module integrated into the right-hand side of the page. Note how the space of the VBCMPS module occupies less page room than the advertising module above.
The advertising box needs to be shown on the first post of every page in every thread on showthread pages.
The contents of the 300x250 advertising box should be loaded from a newly vBulletin template.
Ideally you will have experience of working with the vBulletin forum software and the VBCMPS add-on. You will know how to manipulate the vBulletin template system using plugins and hooks. Please state your experience working with these software products when posting your bid.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online