1 Business Goal
The goal of the Add-on is to provide the user with the ability to get into SilverOut website * the exact definition of addon ??" could be plugin, extention, or tool bar…
2 General Description
The addon can be installed by the user on FireFox version 1.5 or higher. When activated it will open SilverOut URL in a floating window over the website where the user surfed. It would have an auto upgrade mechanism. Very similar addons can be seen in BlinkList or [url removed, login to view] addons, but our window should not have any border beside SilverOut form border itself.
3.1 User installs the Add-on
1. User downloads the SilverOut add on from the SilverOut website or from the FireFox download pages.
2. User installs the add-on
3. When the code of the addon is installed, Right click menu option is added as well as a button in the toolbar.
4. After a successful installation, the user is sent to the registration page on SilverOut website
3.2 User presses the Add-on button
1. While surfing any website, the user presses the add-on button. There are
1.1. Right click on the web page, and selecting 'Bookmark this page'. This entry via the right click menu should also have an icon associated to it.
1.2. Button on the browser toolbar. The button should have an icon.
2. A window opens on top of the existing page, with the SilverOut form. It should be floating like blinkList window.
3. SilverOut form height can be changed dynamically. The addon window should support it.
4. After the user will fill the form he will be able to close the window and see the website where he was before activating the addon.
4 Limitations and assumptions
All the code will be 100% SilverOut, if external code is used, it should be 100% free for commercial use. The addon should be 100% secured.
5 Additional requirements There will be an option to uninstall the addon. The addon will have automatically upgrade mechanism. The addon will have a unique installation id which will be sent in URL to SilverOut form. The addon will also send the URL of the website where the user was when activating the addon.
Browser: FireFox 1.5 and higher
OS: Windows, Linux