Open source radio
This project received 2 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $854 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $5000 USD
In brief, I'm hoping to create an open source radio/stream program which
allows people to broadcast the music they are playing in real time to
either a single person or several people (limited by the users bandwidth)
The program must be able to:
- Allow "James" to share the music he is listening to, to either his
friends or many people at the same time. Much like streamcast/shoutcast.
- Either A) play audio within the program itself, or B) allow it to pick up
audio from another source such as Windows media player. Ideally I'd like
the option for both, but with option 'A' it won't be able to play mp3's
(due to licensing)
- Ability to select bitrate stream e.g. 64/128/192kpbs
- Run on Windows XP/Win7
I'd like (but not essential) the program to:
- Have as little lag as possible
- Not have to install any additional packages such as .NET or GTK.
- Be under 5mb
- Development time within 2 weeks ideally.
- The program can use any pre-made code as long as it's not illegal to
include. This app will stay open source so there's less conflicting and more
- It can use any pre-existing streaming service as long as I approve it to be sufficient.
The interface could look like the following:
[img][url removed, login to view][/img]
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online