Basic wordpress blog updates and changes...
This project was awarded to zmannz for $70 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I recently posted a project including one semi-difficult blog function and then the rest of the below....based on the bids it became apparent quickly I needed to separate the two projects out. So that said, I have some VERY basic updates to our wordpress blog that need to happen. I expect this will be only an hour or two of work from a skilled developer. As a result, I don't plan on paying more than $100.
The blog is [url removed, login to view] Here's the list of updates:
- Remove the view count from the page posts. If you go to any one of our video posts, you can see a "view count". This just needs to be commented out. As previously stated, extremely easy.
- Add custom graphic headers that we can specify to each category (no graphic development...just the ability for our team to upload/manage such category header graphics in wordpress). So for instance, on dubstep, instead of it just saying dubstep, we could upload a graphic against that category name. If there is no such graphic uploaded, it would just use the title. Again, easy. It would be as simple as loading a wordpress custom field (which would be a graphic URL we would save) as an image in the category pages. Another 5-10 minute fix.
- On the main page, we have a video slider with the five most recent videos on the entire site. We want one of these sliders on the category page with the 5 most recent for that category. Again, more or less a copy and paste and one line change in the query where clause.
- Quick query fix: currently, if we start to post a new video, it shows up in the video slider on the main page before the video is "Published' (It shows as auto draft). We need to fix the query to make sure it doesnt show any data until the video is completely posted.
- Change the Previous and Next buttons on the individual video posts to Older and Newer with the title of that previous or next article.
- "Turn on" the user function inside wordpress...so that people can sign up for a user account that we'll be integrating new features with. That's ALL we're requiring here, no functional integration, just a way for them to sign up. We want them to be able to sign up/sign in using facebook or twitter as well as traditional email. I know there's already a bunch of wordpress plugins for this function, my team doesn't have the time to implement right now.
That's it!! If you bid on this, I'm assuming you're capable of performing ALL functions!! Please do not bid on this if you can't manage all of these. Thanks.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online