Bridge vB 3.8 with WP + Custom Plugins
This project received 8 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of €811 EUR.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget€250 - €750 EUR
I am looking for an expirienced Coder that knows his way around vBulletin [url removed, login to view] and the newset Wordpress Version. This Project is about upgrading my current Website, which currently runs with a custom CMS + vBulletin [url removed, login to view], to vBulletin bridged with Wordpress (as an Replacement for my custom CMS).
The Forum runs with a custom Addon, which declares specific Threads as „News Articles“. These News Article Threads get shown on the Frontpage of my Website, via the custom Cms.
Since there already is a working vB+WP bridge on the net, this part only requires somebody to install it and get it to work withouth any bugs/errors. This means the following things must work without problems
1. Wordpress + vBulletin User database is the same
2. All of my projects vBulletin Usergroups are imported to Wordpress
3. vBulletin Avatars must be visible in all Wordpress pages
After bridging the two systems, Wordpress will replace my custom cms, which means all my current „News Threads“, will be Wordpress Articles in the future.
This means, I need custom WP plugins created, which do the same as the vBulletin plugin stated above:
1. All Wordpress Article Categories must be compatible to the Categories in my vBulletin AddOn (these are just Id's. Example: Videos = 1)
2. When creating or editing a Wordpress Article, I must be able to re/- assign a Videogame id, out of another SQL table.
3. On the show Article Page, a Plugin must pull the Videogames Details, according to the Videogame id which was stored with the article, out of the videogames SQL table. This data must be „global“, so I can access it all over the „show article“ page, and other plugins.
When this is done, and the whole system is working, I need to get all current vBulletin News Threads imported into Wordpress.
Feel free to ask questions via the messaging function.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online