Mathematics Graph Generator (repost)
This project was successfully completed by GaborPipicz for $225 USD in 7 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$150 - $250 USD
Completed In7 days
I work on a maths blog, and I'm really keen on graphs. However, as Wordpress isn't perfect, I've had to find plugins that will get the job done. Plugins work well for me - they don't fry when Wordpress updates, and for the most part, they work really well.
For this project, I am looking for someone who can build me a plugin that will do the following:
- Have the functionality to generate SVG files for mathematical functions within the Wordpress post editor - to be able to edit and change graphs as necessary.
- Ability to fall back on an image based backup if SVG is unavailable.
- Add a button to the visual editor in Wordpress that will allow me to generate graphs.
- Ability to add labels to the SVG graphs - i.e. intersection points, etc.
- An option page to set default graph values (size, axis units, etc).
The closest thing I can find to what I want is the ASCIIsvg plugin for TinyMCE - it would be perfect for my needs, as long as it was tweaked successfully.
Ideally, I'm not looking to spend a huge amount on this plugin - to be frank, I'm not rich, and I'm a one man blogging team. However - I may be willing to pay a bit more for this plugin if you can show that the plugin can do what's required, really well.
Ideally, the less fiddling around I have to do to install this plugin, the better.
I've attached a few images from imathas - it's an example of ASCIIsvg in action, and I hope it'll help get you kickstarted. You can also find their demo editor here: [url removed, login to view]
I hope to hear from you soon!
UPDATE: After receiving a number of emails from developers regarding extra features/things on my wishlist, I've added them here.
- Ability to highlight sections of graphs.
- Addition of an option to remove the axes (especially important for discrete drawings).
- Option to add labels to the SVG (for example, intersection points). (If tooltips work better, then I'm keen to hear what you think).
- Option Page to set default graph values (axes length, svg/img size, etc).
- Contained within app - this is so that it works, even if other online resources change.
If you have an idea of something extra you'd like to add, I'd love to hear it. We'll talk about it and see what can be done.
With regards to the question asked with regards to 'will you be selling this app?', the answer is no. Depending on the how well it's produced, I may open source it on GitHub/provide free to the wider blogging community. There is a bit of demand for a decent graphing plugin, and I feel that this will the best way to do it.
I hope to see applications from you soon!
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online