Online Resume Builder - Convert into Word document
This project was awarded to tsintermedia for $500 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We want to add an online resume builder on a Wordpress site.
We need a plugin that allows users to fill in a form with Resume information. This input will eventually be converted into a DOC, PDF or TXT format. The user should also have an option to preview what the end results will look like (Refer to Excel file demo attached). The code must be flexible and customizable to be used with various Word layouts. This means that if in a year we want to add more resume layouts, we can do it.
Please describe what solutions you suggest and the price. Split the price per step or milestone.
1. When the user comes to the site, and clicks on the "Resume Builder", he will be asked to sign up to create an account or continue and register at a later moment.
2. This private area does not have to use the current Wordpress layout, but can be screen wide so that we have more space.
3. There will be a list of resume layouts the user can choose from. (There are 2 resume layouts attached to tests)
4. Once he chooses a resume layout, he will click "Next" and go to another page what will be divided in 2 sections. On the left, there will be a form with many fields for him to input his CV information. After inputting his information in a field, he can click "Update" and will see a live preview of the resume to the right.
5. Form information:
a. The form will have 6 tabs for the different sections:
i) Name and Contact Information
ii) Summary of Qualifications
iv) Professional Experience
vi) Professional Memberships, Computer Skills, Languages, etc.
b. The form must have some basic features like Underline, Italics, Bold, etc. (WYSIWYG)
c. In each tab, there will be a button to "update" or refresh the data so he can see what the resume will look like on
d. Refer to the Excel attachment for an example
e. There needs to be an option for the person to save his work if he doesn't finish it.
6. There will be a link for him to create a cover letter once he finishes. This cover letter contains the same formatting
(heading, font, etc).
7. When the user is done entering all the information and clicks "Finish", he will be directed to another page where he
will preview the resume / cover letter 100% size (8 1/2 x 11).
8. He will then have the option of purchasing the resume / cover letter. We will use Paypal.
9. If he agrees, he will be directed to a page where he can download the resume / cover letter in various formats:
Word, PDF, TXT
10. They would also have the possibility to add new sections or move the sections around like "modules".
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online