Scheduled Background Rotating Plugin for Wordpress
This project received 5 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $267 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
I need a plugin for wordpress that can switch a background image or color on a given schedule. The name of the plugin should be WP_BGTimeSwitch.
The plugin must do the following:
* Show an image and/or background color, depending on whats defined on the backend, at a given time on a given date;
* The plugin must change the background once it hit the new schedule via JSON (automatically) or via refresh IF it is defined so by the backend;
There is a configuration menu option "BackGround TimeSwitch".
This opens a page with 2 tabs: List Switches and New Switch. Default opens on List Switches.
A tab that shows a list of current scheduled background switches. An admin can remove or edit each one.
Add New Switch:
A tab that opens a page to create a new switch with the following Schedule Options:
* Years: All Years [Default] | Even Years | Odd Years | Leap Years | Non Leap Years [Radioboxes]
Next Schedule will go in one of these options in years!
* Month: January February March April May June July August September October November December [Checkboxes]
Months the change will stay in place. Default is every month is checked.
* Weeks: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th [Checkboxes]
Weeks the change will stay in place. Default is every week is checked.
* Days: Sun | Mon | Tue | Wed | Thu | Fri | Sat
Days the change will stay in place. Default is every day is checked.
* Time Start: [Inputbox] | Time End: [Inputbox]
Hour and minute the change will have effect. Default is all day (0:00 - 23:59).
* Period Start: [inputbox and calendar widget] | Period End: [Inputbox and calendar widget]
This is the date period in between the change will occur. Default is period start is today and period end is not filled. If anything is not filled, then the change is already started( for period start) or it never ends (for period end).
* Priority: [selectbox number]
This is a number ranged from 0 to 99 representing the priority of the change. If it colides with another change, the priority will sort the most low numbered. The priority is unique for all the changes. Once a priority is picked and that change is saved, the priority number is removed from the next priority list, unless we are editing the current change.
* Background color: #[6 characters inputbox]
The background color that will be in the change.
* Background image: [input file box]
Opens the media popup to upload or select an image from the library.
* Background Element [Inputbox]
DOM element to be used in the find of Jquery. For example, if we are making a change on the body, the contents should be "body" in the input box. If it is a DIV with the id «BGCHANGE», it should be "#BGCHANGE". If the id does not exist, the plugin will die quietly on the frontend.
* Change via JSON [Yes/No] [Radiobox]
If Yes, the change will be made via Json, even if the user is standing checking a page. If No is picked, it will be changed in the next refresh;
* Change effect [Only JSON Events] [SelectBox]
A list of events (fade in, blinds, etc) will populate this select box and it will be the effect used in the background transition.
The plugin must be commented and must follow php and wordpress standards and best-practices.
A demo should be presented working with several instances of changes, in a wordpress demo installation before final delivery and payment.
The deliverables should include:
* a zip containing the plugin and must be install ready;
* a zip containing the wordpress demo installation and sql database, containing the example instances.
Thank you very much
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online