Hello - I have a [url removed, login to view] Joomla template that requires featured articles to be posted for a really nice-looking home page teaser that includes the article title, image, author name, and probably 25 words of the article with a Read more button. The section also has a nice-looking date tag that appears to wrap around the outer page border. You can see what I mean by checking here:
[url removed, login to view]
We are deploying Wordpress for Joomla with this template and the client wants the latest blog posts to show up, using the Joomla Featured Article functionality from the template.
Now these are two totally distinct systems even though Wordpress for Joomla, by name, implies integration. There are modules to display the latest blog post on the home page, but they cannot be formatted to fit the rules this template has set for Featured Joomla articles.
What I am looking for, I think, is a "sniffer" service that would detect changes to the MySQL Wordpress Posts table and overwrite the Featured Joomla Article records to match the latest published post. In this way, I can update both Wordpress and Joomla as much as needed without overwriting any custom files you may create. By having it as a "sniffer" service we also wouldn't need human interaction to update the Joomla home page if the Wordpress blog post is scheduled for midnight tonight to publish. The Joomla records would be updated at that time.
Specifically, here are the detailed requirements:
1. The system shall, upon saving or updating the latest published Wordpress blog post, write the post title and the first 25 words of the post as the Joomla articleID #28 introtext field, in the jos_content table of Joomla, including image and CSS wrapper. I will provide this HTML and CSS formatting to the winning bidder.
2. The system shall update the Joomla articleID #28 jos_content "created" field date with the blog post publish date value
3. The system shall do the necessary checks to ensure if a post is scheduled to publish tomorrow, the Joomla article jos_content table record will be updated automatically when the post goes live with no human intervention
4. The system shall do the necessary checks to ensure if the latest, published Wordpress post is deleted or unpublished, the system will find the new latest, published post and use that for this Joomla article update process
5. The system shall do the exact same process as steps 1-4 above using the Latest Wordpress post minus -1 (the second newest post) and updating Joomla ArticleID #27 instead of #28
I can give the right person access to my db, FTP access, etc. For server service installs, I can share my desktop as I install directly on my web server.
I'm prepared to have someone talk me into a different strategy, but I need to be able to update Wordpress and Joomla as much as needed, and aside from database table name changes, we will not be affected with the proposed approach above. But if you know another way to do it, I'm all ears!
2 freelancers are bidding on average $203 for this job
We have been denominated as one of the leading website solution providers in the Nordic region by www.thelocal.se. Please follow on to inbox for a review of our works and look forward to build a long term relation!