* Project Description
Create a WordPress plugin that lets a user:
* build ‘authority’ blog articles by including other local articles – we’ll call them ‘sub-articles’ - into one master authority article. This would be done using Post IDs and shortcode syntax. You would need to update the WordPress Admin area UI so that post search results have a column showing Post IDs.
* 301 Redirect each sub-article to e.g. a master article where the sub-article appears. Assume the user doesn't have access to any htaccess files for this. Instead, you would need to add a redirect box to the Edit Post page into which a user would paste an article slug that would be the redirect target.
* Any redirected articles should no longer appear in the archives or in sitemaps (xml or html).
* The plugin has a settings page that displays content (I will furnish the html & images) and has one setting, which toggles whether my client's RSS feed appears in the WordPress Admin Dashboard (similar to WordPress News).
I've attached a functional specification (in a Word doc file) with images to explain exactly what I need in terms of how the plugin would be configured and used.
I would furnish you with all the html & images for the plugin's Settings page. Your work must correspond to the images you see in the Word doc.
I will host the final plugin on [url removed, login to view], so the deliverable would be all the plugin's files in a zip file including the required [url removed, login to view] in the right format for wp.org.
I don't require any technical docs from you, but I do need you to comment your code enough to explain any design choices you made that might not be clear otherwise. We'll talk more about that once you're on board.
* Desired Profile
Seeking an experienced WordPress plugin developer for this project. I need someone who will:
* work quickly and respect deadlines
* communicate regularly and clearly, and most importantly...
* always strive to make me happy with the results.
This is currently a one-time project because I'm testing to find people I can use regularly.
* Why should you impress me?
* I pay right away
* Easy to work with - for example, you can see that I'm very clear in my instructions. I don't want either of us to waste time going back and forth unnecessarily.
* If all goes well with this project, I will send you more work for support, maintenance, upgrading & enhancement tasks for this plugin and other WordPress-related development.
Ideally, you can start work immediately upon acceptance of your bid. The goal would be to finish the project within 5 days. I will be available over email and skype if you have questions while you work, so I hopefully won't hold you up at all.
* How To Win This Project
* Send your bid and show that you have read my functional spec and understood the project and its deadline. If you have any relevant websites to mention, please do - that would give you an advantage over other bids.
* Once I accept your bid, I'll give you a negotiable percentage in escrow and the balance upon final approval of the job. I promise to leave great feedback if you deliver great work and make me happy.
Again- if all goes well, my ultimate goal is to give you more projects.
I am a Web professional active online since 1994, having managed websites for companies like [url removed, login to view] over the past 10 years.
I do require copyright for the final work (where applicable). Also, any information I provide you with (including messages, emails, mockups, etc.) must be kept private and never shown to anyone else as the materials are copyright to ourselves and our associates.
Thank you, and I look forward to working with you.