## Introduction ##
This is a job for an existing Wordpress website running the premium Classipress theme in combination with an Advanced Search plugin.
You can see the site here: [url removed, login to view]
Info about the Classipress theme is here: [url removed, login to view]
More about the Advanced Search plugin here: [url removed, login to view]
It's a used cars website where people can put up their car for sale. Others can then browse the site and contact the seller of a car if they are interested.
## What we're trying to achieve ##
We want to make the site more user-friendly and therefore are working on adding advanced search functionality.
The idea is that people searching for a used car can pre-select cars by mileage, price, year of make, colour, make, model, etc.
For the most part the Advanced Search plugin gives us everything we need and we've managed to create the functionality we want. You can see a prototype here (styling still has to be done at this stage): [url removed, login to view]
When users perform a search, we want to make it possible for them to first select a car make (like Audi, BMW, Volkswagen, etc.) from a drop-down menu and then to select a model (like A3, A4, A5, etc.) from a subsequent drop-down menu. We want the second drop-down menu to change dynamically based on the choice in the first drop-down menu. So if someone chooses "Audi" from the car-make drop-down menu, we want the model drop-down menu to show only Audi models.
## The problem ##
The problem we have is that "model" and "make" are not connected in the database. So the site does not "know" that the model "A3" is of the make "Audi" or that the model "X6" is of the make "BMW". So currently we have no way of making the model drop-down depend on the make drop-down menu.
## Your job ##
Your job would be as follows:
A: To create the connection between car make and model in the site's database.
B: To create the set of dynamic drop-down menus described above. This set of menus needs to work in 2 places:
1. On the advanced search page, i.e this page: [url removed, login to view]
2. On the page where users can post their car for sale, i.e. this page: [url removed, login to view] This way new cars added to the site will have their make and model connected.
## Notes ##
- The website and the Wordpress admin panel are in Dutch, but as you'll be working mainly in code this probably is no issue. We can always translate if necessary.
- Cars for sale (adverts) are Wordpress posts in our setup.
- Car makes are Wordpress categories in our setup.
- All other fields are custom fields.
- We will provide an initial list of car make and model combinations. It's likely that we'll want to be able to add to this list as new car-models become available. We could always add new models to the database manually, but it would be better to have a more elegant solution. We'd appreciate your thoughts on this.
- Our prototype of the advanced search functionality is on a separate page now (this page: [url removed, login to view]). It's put there through a Wordpress shortcode. When everything works as we want, we'll probably want to make the advanced search functionality part of the site's template so that it appears on each page of the site. We're comfortable doing this ourselves, but the set of drop-downs will also have to work in this scenario.
## Timing ##
We want to select a freelancer by the end of this week and start the work on Monday the 11th of March. We'd like the project to be complete by the 18th of March.
## Questions? ##
If you have any questions or need clarification before putting in a bid, please let us know.