A test project for a Wordpress expert with extensive knowledge of PHP, Wordpress CMS and popular plugins. This test project involves CF7, a very popular Contact Form plugin (more than 10M downloads):
We need to parse unique tracking URLs on a Wordpress website, and forward URL parameters to CF7.
• CF7 is a forms plugin for Wordpress that allows inserting various forms into WP posts.
• We need to expand its functionality to include information about the origin of the user.
• When using the URL parameter "?ref=XXXX" at the end of the URL, we need to parse this parameter and forward the value of ?ref (which is, in this case, XXXX) to the email that CF7 sends to the admin when a form was submitted.
• CF7 supports many variables (or "tags") that you can embed in an email text, which are populated by values from the submitted form. Ideally, we would like the parsed ?ref parameter to be invoked by calling it from the sent email, e.g. "Tracking code: [ref]"
Additional bidder requirements
1. At least 2 years experience with Wordpress.
2. Proven PHP experience and formal education.
3. Proven experience with plugin customization – required.
4. Russian mother-tongue level – huge advantage (as the site is in Russian)
5. CF7 customization experience – advantage.
Remember, this is a test project for long term relationship. We're looking to partner with a single developer for longer projects to come.
13 freelancers are bidding on average $17/hour for this job
Hi, I will add the ref parameter to the cf7 email. Even if it takes me more than 1 hour (which I doubt) I'll still only charge a maximum of 1 hour - because this looks very simple. Kind regards, Chris
Hello, I understand each framework at core level.I have developed many sites by utilizing core features and [url removed, login to view] inbox for my capabilities. thanks Nik