Wordpress Theme Customization
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 AUD
- Total Bids 23
We are after a customised Wordpress theme for our personal, business-focused blog, The Creative Files. Could you please provide a quote for customising a wordpress theme, to look like the website that we are after.
Functionality-wise it is all very simple, however we want a strong design aesthetic with a prestige look. If you'd like to start off from another theme, we have one that is on the right track. We'd like you to consider the best option - whether setting up a child-theme or integrating into a current theme.
Please see the mock-up as reference to what we’re after. See here: [url removed, login to view]
This is the design we are looking for - it is just a matter of customising a wordpress theme to look like this (if you feel strongly, we don't mind suggestions of minor changes). The website is essentially a design that is consistent across all pages (i.e. the front page will look the same as other pages, just with differing content). We have made notes for additional guidance on exactly what we mean by each of the features - see below.)
We would like to see examples of your previous work (links will do). The ability to get the design right is very important for us - so anything similar would be appreciated.
To summarize and describe what is in the PDF mock up & what we require:
• We'd like to be able to use specific fonts for different parts - titles, body, etc - we'll let you know when we get started.
• As seen in the mock up, we are after 4 main categories as part of the menu, but we'll also be using other categories - which we don't want appearing on the main page - the key with the menu is to have it evenly spaced along the page, just with the 4 categories.
• On top of the logo, the button "The Creative Files" can just be a home button, while "Guest Interviews" is a category - clicking will take you to a list of posts in this category.
• We understand that the widgets section is where to add right-sidebar menu items. As you can see in the mock up, we are after a couple of links - about & subscribe, the ability to put linked-images as sidebar items, and a list of social media buttons. I want to make sure that it is easy to make them all the same width automatically & consistent spacing between them - i.e. no large gaps in between
• We want it to be easy to add/change social media buttons in this sidebar - and would at least really like: Facebook, RSS, Twitter, Email, LinkedIn, Pinterest. The actual button images don't have to be the ones shown - just whatever looks good. If you can find those grey buttons that change to brand-colour when you hover, that would be great.
• Quotes - we want one particular type of post to be a 'quote' (as shown) - where we can add specific text (e.g. a custom field) and it automatically appears formatted like in the mock-up example - on a blue background, with big quote symbols, in a specific font.
• All other posts don't need this blue background - just a white background
• All headers (i.e. the post title) to be in blue (the word "Inspiration" in the mock-up) (and if it is easy, posts categorised as 'Guest Interviews' to be in yellow. If this isn't easy, then just all blue.)
• The end of each post to look like the mock up - social media buttons - only 'like', 'tweet' and 'pin'. The post details as shown, and a section for 'you might also like' - other posts
• Also (not shown in the mock up)…we would like to be able to highlight sections of a post - i.e. give them a coloured background - let us know if this is easy for you to do.
Timing is not urgent & is flexible, but considering this is a small job, ideally this project should be completed in the next couple of weeks.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online