Wordpress plugin development
This project received 36 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $2353 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Modifications needed to the All-In-One Event Calendar plugin (see [url removed, login to view]). I have asked the developers of that plugin for a quote too, but they have been too slow to respond, as I need this functionality within the next month or so and they have already taken more than one month before giving a quote. I will contribute this code back upstream to them once done.
Main requirements are:
* The user-facing event details screen (only in the "Pro" version, which I have) needs to be modified so that it has a simple form so that someone can RSVP for an event (preferably without the need to create a Wordpress account, unless this can be streamlined), and be listed there as attending either in-person or remotely (which would be shown publicly), and with a "subject to funding" checkbox (only shown to administrators). If they check the subject to funding checkbox, some text about how to apply for funding will be revealed - there is some default text, but it can be overridden per-event.
* The event details screen also should allow people to upload background papers (before the event), and reports (this will after the event), and lists of both of these will be shown too. To keep things simple, these can be saved as ordinary posts, but pre-categorised and tagged with the category of the document (ie. background paper or report) and an ID of the event (either an invisible custom field, or a tag which could be the same as the event's slug), so that the event can identify the posts that relate to it.
* There is already a widget to show upcoming meetings, but I want that to be modified to show who is attending a meeting, or if nobody is attending, to have a link to say something like Are you attending?, linking to the RSVP form.
* The institution behind the meeting (taken from the "Contact name" field of the "Organizer contact info" section of the event), and the issues to be dealt with at the meeting (which are tags) need to somehow link into pages of their own, because the same institutions and same issues will apply for several meetings. For issues, this is relatively easy as we could create customised tag template pages (as described at [url removed, login to view]). For institutions, I'm not sure.
There is more work to be done after this, but this will be enough to get started with. As I said, the above is probably unintelligable unless you have had a play around with the plugin. I can give you a login on my site so that you can do this.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online