we have an adult website (gay porn) that runs on a Wordpress based CMS.
The way the script works is that for new content, videos and images (models, previews, album pics) can be uploaded. Then there is a file called [url removed, login to view] that will dynamically generate preview thumbs that the script uses in various places:
1) Tour Area
Video Preview Thumbs, Updates, Models, Schedule
2) Member Area
Video Preview Thumbs, Updates, Models, Video Image overlay
The script does not generate the video preview thumbs itself, they must be uploaded separately.
The script only allows ONE global thumbnail size setting for all thumbnails used on the tour or the members area – regardless of landscape or portrait images!
The CMS is not able to:
- distinguish whether the image vertically or horizontally (it scales the thumbs either to the maximum width or the height)
- specify different sizes of thumbnails for "Models", as for "video" thumbnails
The way the script seems to work is that each uploaded picture needs to have a pre-defined tag that is set in the wordpress admin panel, so that the script knows where to show the image.
The issue is in the thumbnail script that's php based.
Another odd thing is this: if you're in the members area and you click on different sorting options, all of the sudden, the thumbnails are smaller than before (218x328). When you refresh the browser, the thumbs are recreated in 280x420. So apparently, sorting seems to trigger another thumbnail generation process.
So what we would like to have is:
1) landscape thumbs for video previews
2) portrait thumbs for model previews
3) a fix that in Safari and Chrome some video metadata is displayed, which Firefox shows (I can provide screenshots)
I can provide previews, manuals and more explanation upon request.
If you are familiar with wordpress, CSS and php there is more customization work we would need.
Please only bid if you are comfortable with adult content ;-)