PLEASE SEE ATTACHMENT
BambouSmarts is a web based content service for any business department that pulls together information from automated and custom sources to deliver tailored and relevant source of information for business professionals.
It has content modules
• Market data (Commodity, financial, economic and other) – collection, input and display
• NewsFeeds from Newspapers, blogs and journal, including search
And the portal module
• Content Portal
We wish to have all three developed as inter-operable modules which use a standard which allows them to be used with other applications.
Overall design and inter-operability
We expect each content module to be able to operate within the portal, independently and within other external portals. Therefore we would like to support generally accepted standards for interoperability such as WSRP (Web services remote portlets). ach of the content modules (Market Data and NewsFeeds) could be slotted into other portals, and so we would like the modules to support integration by working within other portals very easily.
• 3 tier structure
• Language and platform. .
o PHP / MySQL is preferred
• OpenSource components must be used wherever possible.
Commercials / deliverables
• Phased development required
• Full documentation required
• Payment made at the end of each phase
• Deliverables have to be accepted by us before payment will be made
• All software and source code will be the copyright of the client (us!)
Any open-source or elements used where copyright may be held by other parties has to be clearly identified in advance during the design phase with any cost implications made clear if we choose to develop rather than use those elements. However our preference is to use available components which do not place any restrictions on commercial use.
• Full project costs
• Breakdown of costs i.e. costs for each module and elements within
• Listing of OpenSource and other components (including costs) and description of functionality (at a high level) of each component
• Company details
o Size of company – full time employees
o Reference projects