The successful bidder to this project will:
1) Have previous experience with the [url removed, login to view] api / web service.
2) Excellent and in depth knowledge of wordpress and its architecture.
3) Proven experience in developing wordpress plugins using php and ajax technologies to produce fast interactive frontend ui's for plugins.
4) Knowledge of cron jobs and scheduling for automating tasks.
IF and only if you have all of the above then read further.....
I need a small custom plugin that can pick up .ics calendar files (iCal format) and distribute the information in xml format to the [url removed, login to view]
api. The [url removed, login to view] api will then update accommodation rates and availability on their own system from this xml data.
The wordress plugin should be generic enough that it is not dependent on wordpress versions and can later be easily plugged into a larger scale wordpress
plugin that I plan to have developed at a later stage.
I need to be able to specify multiple .ics files .(1 per rental resource - Currently there is 3 but may increase later.) - I should be able to add/change/delete these entries. The plugin needs to be able to pick up these files automatically at specified time intervals or manually on demand.
Once a file is picked up the information needs to be distributed via xml to the [url removed, login to view] api.
Ideally I'd like additional functionality to amend the xml tags and distribute it to additional api's / web services. (Distribute to web services other than [url removed, login to view]).
Naming of the plugin and all success / error messaging will be discussed with the successful bidder.
1) The developer will need to have a very good understanding of wordpress and its backend services to achieve this and should have done something similar in the past.
2) Although this is quite a technical requirement it is also a very small project that should not cost me more than $50 to achieve. If you believe it will cost more then please justify why you believe so.
The successful bidder agrees to the following 2 items when accepting this project:
1) Milestones can be created but not released until predetermined results have been realized. (A maximum of 50% will be released prior to full completion of the project.)
2) I'll retain complete ownership and copyright and have exclusive right to use all work done for this plugin in any future plugins I design. You cannot redistribute this plugin as your own at a later stage. (Of course I have no objection to you reusing your code later for other different developments.)