Daily Deals Site (Wordpress or Magento)
This project received 31 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $1062 AUD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 AUD
This project entails the development of a Daily Deals Aggregator Website. This would require the following:
1. Design of a suitable website template such as a Wordpress or Magento Deals template (if you have other suggestions, please let me know). Preferably with an admin & frontend console. The theme should be comfortable to view, the main page should contain a menu with the various categories and a slider for the top 5 deals. It should also contain links to our Facebook & Twitter Pages and should contain an option for e-mail subscription to our deals. We would like to issue a weekly e-mail to all subscribers on the top 10-20 deals across various categories.
We'll provide our website logo, our contact details and so on for it to be incorporated into the website.
2. The daily deals would be sorted in terms of a number of criteria such as locations, categories, ranking, price, discount, time left, or the specific
affiliate sites where the deals originate from.
3. We would like various deal feeds from around 200 deals sites to be integrated with our site. We would like to sign-up as an affiliate partner for all these sites (if available) and obtain an XML feed for our site. This might also require website scraping to ensure it's captured into our database. So once a user clicks on a deal on our website to would be taken to the affiliate website via the XML/URL link. The time remaining should be displayed for all deals and should represents the actual time remaining on the affiliate website. A script should be developed to allow for the automatic updating of the feeds every few hours.
This would probably also require string manipulation and regular expressions, to parse out specific fields of information from websites that would have to be scrapped and re-sizing of photos, etc. The information should be stored on a SQL database.
4. We would also like the ability for viewers to share the various deals via Facebook, Twitter & e-mail.
5. Admin/Front End Console requirements
Site overview/summary/statistics (deals available/clicks/visit register)
Settings: Set: Site name, Meta tags, keywords and description
Manage Affiliate: Add/Edit affiliate using site name, affiliate link, switch feed on and off.
Manage Deals: Add/Edit/delete/auto-archive older deals
Manage Users: Forum and newsletter userlist with ban/delete options
Manage Country: Add/Change/Remove country with switch feed on and off
Manage City: Add/Change/Remove city with switch to turn feed on and off
Manage Categories: Add/Edit/Modfiy deal category
Manage images: Add/change logo, favicon
Manage banners: Advertising Banner options at top of page, side and bottom of page
Manage Forum: Add/Change sections, modify/delete posts
Manage Social media links: Facebook and Twitter
SEO: Required for the installation of the script to the website.
6. SEO - We would like all meta descriptions, keywords, etc, to be entered to improve SEO. We'll provide input in terms of the keywords we would like to be promoted.
7. An example of what we're looking for - [url removed, login to view] . We would like our website to be better than this, we're thinking along the lines of keeping a simple yet elegant template but an the same time have the ability to be ranked i.e 1-100 (1 being the best deal available in terms of price & discount). This ranking should be specific to categories if selected.
Applicants should be very familiar with these systems, in particular the affiliate linking process that is employed by affiliate companies and the need for the administrator to be able to edit/modify this. Applicants need to apply with portfolio of similar projects they have completed. Applicants with no feedback need not apply.
The Milestone Phases:
1. Website Design & Integration of 5 Feeds
2. Integration of remaining 195 feeds and completion of project.
Please contact us if you have any queries.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online