374030 Develop XML Sitemap Script
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 1
Create an XML and HTML sitemap that includes all the files on our website.
1. Create an XML sitemap file using standard sitemap xml protocol ([url removed, login to view]).
- Must include all top level navigation pages, blog articles, videos pages, shopping pages, tag pages, etc. on the website
- Review the SQL queries on 4 main pages to generate a complete list of pages from the site (shopping items, videos, tag pages, blog posts)
- Create an admin page that allows you to add/edit/delete pages from the sitemap and include a priority weight and changefreq (see xml sitemaps protocol)
- You can use the admin page to add the top level navigation pages (about us, subscribe, [url removed, login to view]) to the list and give them a priority score of 1.0
- Blog pages that have been recently published (within 2 weeks) should have a priority score of .8 and all other pages should be .5
- Admin Page allows you to enter in pages that should be blocked from appearing in sitemap.
- Admin page will tell you the last date/time the sitemap was generated and the number of line items produced and file size
- Make the page a php script that can be called manually or from a scheduled cron job
- The script will output a static XML file in the root folder (/[url removed, login to view])
- While the xml file is being generated, name the file [url removed, login to view] and overwrite the old file once the new file is produced successfully
2. Create an HTML version of the sitemap
- Use the xml sitemap as the data source and Use XSL, CSS or some other technique to display it as an HTML page
- Make it only show the first 100 records at a time with links to additional pages
- Clean commented code
- Use best practices for closing out your database statements and freeing up memory with objects
- Review any mysql database structure changes with me before making them
- Contact me about any questions or suggestions you have whenever you are in need of guidance
Note: Please include relevant experience you have and describe any alternate solutions you'd like to propose.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online