I have a LED screen that displays image from a PC. The PC has internet access. A flash animation can be displayed on the pc.
The animation on the screen will be displaying a scoreboard for an event that has 15 participants
The Information displayed will be - position - Team name - Score. This information will be fed to the animation via an XML file that will reside online.
The XML file is updated via a simple web form. The Form must be simple enough that it can be easily loaded to a mobile phone browser ( a Blackberry curve 8330).
The Form will allow the user to adjust the team names and score only. Once the user clicks submit the xml file is updated on the server. The form page reloads and the data is represent as a simple page that is ordered according to the value of the score.
1. Team K - 100
2. Team j - 95
3. Team E - 90
4. Team O - 85
5. Team P - 85
(Should multiple teams have the same score they are then sorted in alphabetical order)
There is link at the base of this page to " return to form".
Optional I am trying to find the logic to ensure that the flash does not attempt to load the xml document while it it being ammended and so create an error.
my solution - There is a variable stored in a text file on the server - the flash uses on enterframe to constanlty check this variable. This variable is set to "1". when the user is satisfied that the xml file is as is it should be. they click "Update". This changes the variable to "2". Flash then sees that the var != 1. and this triggers the dload of the xml. once the xml loads correctly the changes the var back to "1"
In my final deliverable i want :
1. update page that can run on a mobile phone browser
2. xml framework to store the date form the form
3. confirmation area that the data is correct from the form
4. manual verification for flash app to pull the data
5. Flash application to display results
1. The application will display the teams in order. in an animation.
1. frame 1 - top three teams
2. frame 2 - next six teams
3. frame 3 - last six teams
2. Each of the above will be in unique movieclip that will allow me to style my own transitions and visuals for each clip
3. the text boxes will allow me to adjust fonts and font sizes.
4. Ideally the ENTIRE app will run in a Movieclip that i can copy form my library and use instances of .
5. build in FLASH CS3 - ideally using actionscript2
COde in PHP please