Flash Shoutcast Player to HTML 5
This project was successfully completed by BaskeeDK for $300 USD in 420 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In420 days
The days of Flash are long gone. We need to convert our Flash radio player to HTML5 as best we can. We may lose or gain some functionality in the process. Our Flash player streams our 7 internet radio station (channels) in shoutcast v1 format. The player is driven from an XML file that resides on our website. This XML file includes all the Station Titles and Stream URLs. The Now Playing feature can be grabbed from Shoutcast using PHP. The player should run identically or better than the current version.
Our Flash player can be found here: [url removed, login to view]
However if you are on our homepage: [url removed, login to view] and click on the Radio icon on the left side you will see the JS pop-up that fits the Player in a snug window.
1. Top rotating 468x60 ad (rotates every 60 seconds)
2. Play/Pause button
3. Volume control
4. Mute button
5. Station Title
6. Bit Rate Title
7. Song Title (currently broken but would normally display where its says "buffering"
8. Middle rotating 300x250 ad
9. Station chooser button. This is pure Flash coolness that I don't know if can be replicated.
10. Podcast button that links to our Podcasts on our website or build integrated podcast player
11. Music Videos button to web site or build integrated XML driven youtube player
12. News button links to our site or build integrated RSS display of our News
13. Twitter button that links to our twitter page
14. Myspace button that links to our myspace page
15. Facebook button that links to our facebook fan page
16. iPhone button that links to our free iPhone app on iTunes
17. Our logo at the bottom that links to our web site
So this Flash player has several buttons that link to the web that could possibly be integrated into the player itself. After all, this Player is supposed to generate ad revenue so it's best to keep the Users tuned in. Items 10, 11, 12 would be areas where we could add new and better features but I think we would want to create another Project after this one is completed. This way we can go live immediately while we work on Version 2.
We are only interested in working directly with the developer. We will not work with middle-men/Project Mangers. We would like this Project finished on time.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online