This will be a community in which people can post comments on forums and private messages. They also get to enter contests held my contest holders. There will be a small fee for holding a contest but need ad placements on the site to generate revenue.
Here is a good example of a a community: [url removed, login to view] My site will not copy this site but this is a good example.
I need an backend admin control panel to manage the site and the members and suspend accounts, place ads, handle emailing, edit content on the site.
Members need a control panel to change PW's and ect.....
This is a site for designers and artist and will have a lot of thumbnail placements and enlargements. There will be a payment gateway needed to enter for Award entry fees and Contest holder payment fees.
SITE: A community where services are sold and bought. Site is split up into three parts: Buyers, Sellers and Admin.
Following is a Sampling of SOME of the key features:
* Private messaging w/ spam filtering and option to block other users
* 4 Custom forms
o can resume filling it out later,
o 1 of the form can't be resubmitted within a 30 day period
o 2 of the forms will be attached to a payment gateway.
* Payment Gateway: Haven't decided.
* 1-2 "Forums" will be a key part. (Please email me if you want to see examples before bidding).
* Some parts of the forums will have elite member areas in which only designated members can enter.
* User able to sort and rate and provide feedback to other user.
* Searchable areas on the site.
* User Profiles (displays stats: i.e. 1-2 different ratings, reliability, ect...).
* Automated emails sent (upon Completion of forms, Newsletter, updates , ect...
* Reporting/flagging (a member or a post)
* Service buyers can send emails to admin with priority settings.
* Each user can change/update profile, view there stats and ratings, view there favorite members, change password, change avatar. I.E. "COntrol panel"
* Display reminders of tasks upon login.
* ADMIN NEEDS to be able to manage the SITE/emails/send updates/suspend accounts or delete/ect....
* All information per user backed up and stored securely.
* The site needs to be secure, spam-free forms, SSL certifications, and other certifications.
* Site design (SIMPLE, email me for examples)
* Members can change COLOR THEMES
* Ad spaces on the site that can be updated from backend.
* and more.... (Can't think of it right now)
I understand that coders aren't designers. I do want a dynamic site with updatability from back end. I want a site design like those PHP FORUMS (SIMPLE). I want the coder to focus on the functionality of the site and the code and not have to design it or have to work with a designer.
CODER REQUIREMENTS (during the bidding process)
* provide samples of work
* provide list of programming languages used to complete this project and why
* Take time to review my Post (I took time to type this)
* Ask if you have ANY questions or don't understand something
CODER REQUIRMENTS (after winning a bid)
* must be able to communicate in English
* must be able to make suggestions to improve my site (while working on it......there will be a bonus awarded for such efforts).
* MUST BE ABLE TO KEEP IN TOUCH, PROVIDE REGULAR UPDATES, MEET THE DEADLINE (another bonus will be awarded for meeting the deadline).
* I accept the coder to have fun, focus and dedicate time to this project.
Please email me with all your questions before placing a bid. I will be happy to find examples for anything you are unclear about.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Feb 29, 2008 5:25:36 AM:
Dear Coders: Thank you for all your bids. I am still excepting bids until March 21st. Please allow me some time as i review all the Bids and respond to each coder. I wasn't expecting this volume of replies to my project. I am also working on a flowchart and some sketches and examples to better assist you understanding the project. I think I did a pretty good job of explaining it in the Project Description but If anyone is unclear or has any questions please keep sending me your questions and I promise to start replying to the messages on March 3rd. Thank You for your interest....hope to speak with you all individually in the very near future. Also, I am taking my time to choose a coder because this will be a long term relationship and I hope we can continue to work together on this project as it evolves.