[url removed, login to view] is a company that will offer online travel information about popular world destinations. We are looking for a web developer/designer to help us build our website.
* Build our website infrastructure to our specifications. (Please see the attached PDF file for more information.)
* Give our site an attractive Web-2.0 look and feel. If you are unsure of what we mean by this, please see the following two sites for general information on Web-2.0 design.
* * [Current Trends in Web Design]
* [Web 2.0 Design Principles]
* Add our content to the site. We will provide several travel guides.
* Our site must have a search function.
* We would like our homepage to display sample content from randomly selected travel guides. The guides featured on the homepage should change every time the page is refreshed. (Please see the attached PDF file for more information.)
* Our site must be search-engine friendly. We must have clean URLs and validated HTML code.
* As much of the layout and formatting as possible should be accomplished via CSS. We don’t want a lot of ugly tables.
* One fully functioning, Web 2.0 travel website.
1) Complete and fully functional travel website in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Site must look good and function correctly in all major browsers.