1. The project will be considered finished only when ALL requirements are met for Usability, Performance and Conformance to specification contained within the specification document. I do not want to hear you are running out of time. If you do not agree with this please don’t bid.
2. No requirements are to be added or removed without consent from both parties.
3. Application must use/be coded on PhoneGap platform, which will be compiled to work on both Iphone's as well as Android devices
4. The application will use Push Notifications on both Android and Iphone:
4.1. Android will use Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
4.2. Iphone will use Apple’s Push Notification Service
5. Server-side application (webservices) must be coded using PHP and MySQL, using latest security and encryption techniques.
6. Any bugs found will be reported and must be fixed.
7. Full Project/Code/Resources/Keys must be sent to me at the end of the project
8. You must understand requirements, speak good English and be able to provide ideas/enhancements if applicable.
9. Emphasis is on the coding of the application, the interface only needs to mimic all features (be at least usable) and will be enhanced by myself after project is finished.
Objective of the application is to create a ‘live’ instant messaging system using Google Maps. In other words, users will register using Google+, Facebook or Twitter and be taken to a usual Google Maps screen showing their current location, other users using the application will be shown on the map and when clicked upon, they can see the user’s profile and send messages to one another (similar to Popular Instant Messaging mobile applications)
Alerts can be set, which will monitor for users whom search criteria fits and will notify user when found.
More details and additional requirements will be found on the detailed document sent to the freelancer.
1) Users will be shown real-time on Google Maps
2) Instant Messaging system between any user (similar to Popular Instant Messaging mobile applications)
3) Alerts can be set to search for other users which will trigger and notify user based on criteria set
4.1. Cloud server backend should be done in PHP and MySQL
4.2. Webservices should use strong security and encryption techniques.
4.3. All messages will be stored both locally as well as on a remote database cloud-hosted, two-way which will sync
5) Geolocation of users must be smart and well coded (determine location using best provider, not waste power, etc)
2.1.1. Minimum version supported: Froyo - API 8 - v2.2.x
2.1.2. Target SDK: API 17
2.1.3. Maximum version: Latest Android API available
2.2.1. Minimum version supported: Iphone 3GS and earlier version (including Iphone 5)
2.2.2. Target iOS: 5.1+