We are a team of developers seeking some extra help. Have you seen the mailChimp mail list importer? this is what we need.
User pastes some Excel data into a text box. This is parsed and presented back to the user so he can map the columns to the corresponding fields in a database table.
At the core, you sould develop a function that is called with two parameters:
1. a string containing the data
2. an array of fields to match. (ex. Id=>integer, date=>datetime, name=>varchar)
You will also create an elegant web interface where the user decides which column maps to which field. Sugesting matching names as default choices.
- User might paste data with or without column headings, so you should take that into account.
- User might paste values that don´t correspond to datatype... so you should do some basic validation of this and disable incorrect field choices.
- User should be able to drop unecessary columns.
The output should be an associative array with the resulting data.
To show your understanding of this requirements and qualify for this project, please send PM with a sample output of 2 rows and 2 columns of the result of:
- for an extra chance of wining this project, tell us about another nice feature you feel this importer should have.
If your work turns out to be fast and high quality, we will very likely be hiring you in an hourly base for many other widgets.