1. On right banner there is a blank box and below that a calendar box: Move the calendar above blank, and in blank show titles linked to a new joomla section called "Appreciations"
2. On lower-left there is a photo built into the template. Remove this.
3. Make it so 10 latest stories appear on page.
4. Add footer with Login (if not logged in) and if logged in, show: Post News | Post Press Release | Logout
5. Right now on posting news, there are radio buttons for ALL, HS, MS, ES and one of these "flags" shows for each news item. Change these to check-boxes and show 1, 2, or 3 flags per news item.
6. Users are having problems logging into front end of Joomla. Modify front-end login so people stay logged in (there is a lot of chat on this issue in Joomla boards).
>> Comment:Also please let me know the URL from which you want 10 stories displayed from. Also which area of the site is this pulling from. ie. pull latest stories from content by section xxxxx.
On /joom/ it should show all sections (latest 10 from news + press) -- same if you click the "Community" menu items. Anything flagged "hot" appears in "hot" box. News & Press both appear in main area. Headlines appears in Headlines area.
>> Comment: I will try to rework the template but there is pretty much a lot of errors. Not all of the modules are in the module manager from what I can tell. The modules on the right (if they are modules) need to have the width adjusted so its text or content fits. Modules of content normally pull from content by section and yours do not from what I can see.
I don't totally understand this - not very experienced w joomla - but the items on right:
Hot is a flag added to the system (kinda like "show in home" in regular joomla) - so not its own section.
Only "module" on right is the one that takes this week's items from calendar...
** as you can see, something unique about this design is the addition of "flags" -- within News stories are also flagged by level & topic.
Also important: this page - /joom/ - is not "front page" -- because I was reserving the "show in home" flag to be used for the script that will pull a small # of selected stories to actual home page (ie.
[url removed, login to view])
>> Comment: Also you want the login to be on the bottom with login options. Where do you want these stories to post to? Or is this submit content? If so where do you want the content to be displayed on frontpage?
After login, it should show: post news (goes to news) | post PR (goes to press)
>> Comment: One more thing. I see a lot of content on your frontpage is using different css styles. You may want to go through and remove formatting and use the standard joomla formatting for your css matching. This will clean this up.
Sorry - do you mean the way the stories are entered by the user?
5 freelancers are bidding on average $48 for this job
I can handle the changes for you. I'm working with 3 fairly large joomla sites at the moment. So I understand what you're trying to do as far as getting modules to show where they need to be.