Configure Apache server with mod_perl, MySQL and mod_python
This project was successfully completed by adevsl for $80 USD in a day.Get free quotes for a project like this
Completed In1 day
Configure apache server with mod_perl, MySQL and mod_python.
We have an old virtual machine with apache running Perl scripts which manages a Material Resource Planning (MRP) database (using MySQL). We need this MRP database to be moved from the virtual machine (Mandriva Linux) and installed onto a virtual server running on the latest version of Ubuntu Linux.
Long term we plan on modifying this MRP system with python (possibly rewriting it) and so we would like mod_python set up.
This whole project needs to be documented with detail so we can repeat the process.
The tasks necessary for this project are:
- Document all steps as you go.
- Download virtual machine from virtual server which we give you access to.
- Setup virtual machine on your workstation using VM player (or equivalent software)
- Verify operation of virtual machine and MRP software application
- Setup Apache, MySQL, mod_perl on virtual server (and anything else necessary)
- Copy the virtual machine MRP specific files to virtual server.
- Setup MRP software to run on the virtual server
- install mod_python and add a “Hello World” python script to the MRP homepage ([url removed, login to view]).
- Provide us with the detailed instructions for this setup.
We will then verify MRP operation on the virtual server. Then we will reload the operating system of the virtual server and follow the instructions to setup the system.
The critical aspect of this project is providing us with detailed and accurate instructions so that we can install the MRP system on our own. We will consider the project complete when we can follow the instructions and successfully setup the system.
The current system:
Mandriva Linix Virtual machine using VMWare. Can be run using the free VM Player
([url removed, login to view]) uses terminal only. The current apache server is setup using XAMPP. Once logged in use the “dhclient” command to establish an IP address, then you can access the XAMPP webpages from that IP address. The MRP database can be accessed at [IP address]/mrp.
The new system:
Ubuntu [url removed, login to view] (32 bit) virtual machine from Backupsy.com.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online