Background artists needed for a 2D PC adventure game.
This project was successfully completed by emifloyd for $63 USD in 12 days.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
Completed In12 days
Greetings, art freelancers! For those who are interested in working on video games, I am representing a 2D PC game development team, and we are in need for 2D background artists to work with. Opportunities are open for more than 1 freelancer.
Development of an old school 2D point-and-click adventure video game for PC.
1) Fluent and clear communication in either English or Arabic.
2) Digital line drawing skill, involving -but not limited to- architecture, environments and furniture.
3) Digital painting skill for gradient coloring and simple shading/lighting effects.
4) We also need your Skype for instant communication and progress monitoring and instructions during work sessions.
1) The game includes nearly 15 backgrounds.
2) The final deadline has not yet been set but is between 1.5 to 3 months from the end of bidding (expect a final statement).
3) This workload will be divided between the hired artists based on their skill levels, bids, readiness and preferences.
4) Each artist will be paid individually based on the workload done, per piece and level of detail.
>>Art Examples & Descriptions
The associated files expose all the aspects of our drawing style.
As you can see in any of the 4 associated examples, lineart is visible, and is at an average thickness. It is also used to show some surface details such as wood textures. Object and environmental dimensions aren't as twisted as they are in Monkey Island 3 or Day of the Tentacle, but they however do accept some manipulation.
The coloring has a lot of lighting and shading. The lighting is simple on secondary objects (e.g., the flower vase, tomato and plates in Example 3), but is detailed on major objects (the closet's doors and the wall behind the bed in Example 1, the floor in Example 3, the walls and floor in Full BG). The lighting effects also have more contrast and less gradiation smoothness on metal to create the metal feel, with some white shine.
Shadows are limited too, as with lighting and shading, whereas secondary objects have basic shadows beneath them while major objects have more realistic shadows (the table's leg on the floor in Example 2).
The game's setting is in the 19th century, so expect a lot of wooden houses, wooden ships, and other such stuff. You will also need to draw some environmental objects such as grass, mountains and clouds in outdoor scenes. We additionally would like to add some humorous details, such as the fungus on the pizza under the bed in the Full BG, and the unwisely built tube line on the wall above the kitchen table.
For level of detail, the previous example is of one of our top detailed backgrounds. It's rated 3 on our scale, which begins by 1 (simplest) and ends by 3 (most complicated). The level 1 backgrounds are significantly shorter on details, and can have less than 1/10 of the line strokes of the associated level 3 background.
When you bid, don't forget to send/specify the following information in a PM:
1) samples of your works and skill;
2) the techniques and drawings you are ready to do;
3) your pricing for the associated level 3 background.
The lack of any of the requested information in your PM might lower your bid winning chances significantly. However, it's acceptable to send the lacking information separately in the case of loss, so don't be afraid of contacting us.
We will use milestone payment with none to multiple milestones depending on the complex of the drawing and the freelancer's reputation. The works have to be handled to us in their original work format (we accept PSD, XCF and SAI, you can discuss using an alternative).
Awaiting your bids.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online