Illustrations for a textbook
This project was awarded to selmaper for $1000 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$750 - $1500 USD
I am seeking Illustrators for a science textbook project. The work has already begun and my client needs illustrations completed. There are approximately 150 illustrations that need to be created from supplied specs. A few illustrations may require a placed raster file from Photoshop.
Most of the artwork is simple b/w line images and may have text. All specifications for the art, text and size will be supplied. All art must be supplied as an Adobe Illustrator .ai file. All supplied files must be layered... text, lines and placed raster files must be on separate layers. Layers must be labeled as to what is on the layer. If a raster file is created, you must keep the layered source file and supply it at the end of the project.
1) Must read, write and speak English
2) Prior experience creating Illustrations for textbooks or related materials.
3) Prefer Eastern Europe based illustrators. This is merely a preference.
4) Must be fast, efficient and precise.
5) India-based or Pakistan-based... do not apply. Any bids received will be ignored.
1) Create the piece of art from the supplied spec.
2) Work will entail any changes/alterations from client... for first pass you will supply a PDF for approval.
3) Upon approval, the first milestone will be released. (2 milestones per set of 10 pieces).
4) Upon release of first milestone, you will supply an .ai file for placement in the book.
5) Upon final approval, you will supply all files for the approved art.
Timeframe... ASAP. We want to go to press in December.
You will be asked to supply two or three pieces as a test. If selected, you will be paid for these pieces, as the test will be art that is required. I may select two or three illustrators, depending upon deadlines. Please see the attached spec sheet. Pick out two or three and post a PDF of the art to the Dropbox folder listed below. Do not supply the .ai file(s) until you are selected and accept the project. We will only use .ai in the book files, not the PDFs. The PDF will be used for selecting the winning bidder. And, lastly... if the pieces you select are the easiest pieces, it could hinder your selection.
Spec file is in Word... I can obtain a PDF of the art spec, but won't be able to do so right now.
Base specs... rules at a minimum of .5 pt. Fonts are Verdana 10 pt.
Dropbox folder... [url removed, login to view]
Rate: we are anticipating paying no more than $10 per piece of art. Bid as you think is best. My client will have final say on acceptable price. Bid per piece, not as a total. Payments will be made on the amount of art supplied.
Good luck. If you have questions, contact me via PM.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
- Number Fonts: The 15 Best Fonts To Display Numbers
- 8 Steps To Make Your Own Cursive Lettering In Adobe Illustrator
- Letter Fonts: The Best 25 Free Cursive Fonts To Spice Up Your Designs
- How To Draw A Caricature Using Adobe Flash CS6: Donald Trump Caricature
- How To Draw A Cartoon Character Using Adobe Photoshop CS6: Joker Cartoon
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online