An excellent opportunity for a designer/ developer with strong technical skills to be part of a team building a next generation web based application.
As a Web Designer / Front End Web Developer, you will be responsible for designing interfaces in Photoshop and coding in CSS, XHTML and jQuery. Your role will be to make the interface design beautiful and intuitive, while taking great care about details of the interface elements, such as shapes, colors, icons, fonts, etc. Most of your work will be based on an overall design, currently available as a PSD file, which will need to be converted into JQuery UI and HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience in a similar web design and/ or front end development roles
- Understanding of W3C standards.
- Advanced Photoshop, CSS and XHTML skills, including strict HTML 4 and CSS2 (at least 2-3 years of active work experience).
- Experience in fixing cross-browser issues and bugs (we need IE7+, Firefox 3.6+, and webkit).
- Portfolio with 5-10 unique web designs.
- In addition to a passion for clean, usable designs and compliant code, you should have a creative edge and ideas to make your work stand out. Although not essential, experience with PHP and/or wireframing tools would also be beneficial.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Convert PSD design into JQuery UI and HTML/CSS/JS.
- Use the PSD design to design other pages of the web application.
- Create new intuitive interface design from wireframe and/or specification/instruction.
- Design interface elements (buttons, forms, tables, menus, backgrounds, colors, fonts etc.)