PCB and Software for still photo capture device
This project received 1 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $555 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$250 - $750 USD
We are after bids to create a circuit board and to provide associated software to do the following:
1) take a still photo at about 5mb resolution (or more) from the device
2) Store multiple photos on the device
3) Check into a website (via wireless - either a mesh network (via a gateway) or [url removed, login to view]) and transmit the photo when required in jpg format.
4) LOW POWER CONSUMPTION AND SIZE - we need this device to run off a battery and to charge off a small solar panel (about 1 inch in size as a guide - however we could have say 3 of these). As an example of targeted low power consumption we are thinking something in the vicinity of 2microamps when its asleep and then it wakes up, takes a photo, stores the photo in its built in memory and then on demand sends the photo to a webserver. (NOTE: As a guide we would like to be able to store about 20 photos on the device). After taking the photo the device should go back to sleep to conserve power and then intermittently check the webserver to see if there is a need to take another photo. We need this device to be able to run off the solar power for years...we do not intend to have anyone there to do anything with the device (it will be remote). The photo needs to transfer in seconds (rather than minutes) to conserve power. Assume there is an ADSL connection at each remote site.
5) We need the device to charge off a small solar panel under mostly fluorescent lighting (it will primarily be used indoors).
6) We will require the source code and design files at the completion of the project.
Below is the technologies that we would prefer- however if you can give us a good reason to use something else then we will consider it.
Preference for code would be .Net micro framework - but open to other frameworks if there is a good enough reason.
Preference for micro controller is arm based.
We believe the camera will be cellphone based technology with auto focus and auto light detection.
The distance the camera will be operating at will typically be between 1.5 meters and 3 meters.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online