Design of Bio-degradable Urn
- Status Closed
- Budget $30 - $250 USD
- Total Bids 2
To design an Urn for human remains made from bio-degradable materials. The urn has a dual purpose – to contain the ashes/remains of the deceased and as a container for a tree to be planted and grow.
All materials must be 100% bio-degradable, and may include coconut shell, peat and cellulose – or other recyclable material. The normal volume of 6’1” human remains is 200 cubic inches – so ideally the urn should have a 5 liter capacity to provide some leeway. As a guide, the urn may be cylindrical with a radius of 75mm and height of 300mm – this is a rough guide only, please check all calculations.
The urn should be enclosed with a Certificate that records burial details that can be detached and kept as a memento or historical document. This would be printed using vegetable inks on recycled paper or card.
• How is growth of the seed inhibited during pre-use stage?
• How is growth activated once planted?
• The use of different seeds for different personal taste and climates
• Availability and cost of materials specified for productionGet free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online