External microphone (low level machine signal acquisition) for mobile devices
- Status Closed
- Budget $250 - $750 USD
- Total Bids 3
We are in need of an external acoustic body-sound microphone for mobile devices (Android tablets and smartphones, iPhone, iPad) for acquisition of very low level acoustic mechanical signals. Currently we are using piezo buzzers for this purpose, connected to the mobile device via a cable with a standard [url removed, login to view] 4-pole RCA jack. These buzzers do the job on average, for better signal quality we are seeking for an improved solution.
This “acoustic sensor” should meet the following preferences:
- structure-borne (“body-sound”) sound acquisition
- preferably equipped with an inline pre-amplifier, power supply via battery or (better) the mobile device’s Headset/USB interface
- low power consumption
- low noise level
- low cost
- small footprint (20-30mm)
- ready-to-use assembly to fit via a [url removed, login to view] RCA jack to all common smartphones and tables with this kind of headset plug
We are expecting a complete solution package of design, material sourcing and ready-to-use assembly of a cost-per-piece base, initially we are awaiting a first run of 250-1000pcs, which can increase up to a few thousand or more pcs.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online