Android GPS tracking utility
- Status Closed
- Budget N/A
- Total Bids 18
Android GPS tracking utility.
The tracking utility consists of the following:
1) A "Settings screen" with the Ability to enter:
- Base URL (a web address that changes to location can be posted to).
- Reporting Interval in secs
defaults for this screen are as follows:
Reporting Interval: 3 secs
2) A service which regularly posts the phone location to a web service.
This should run in the background. After a specified number of minutes, the phone will determine the current Latitude / Longitude. If it gets this, it will attempt to send it to the Web Service (see below for more information)
If the web service is not available, it will remember the unsent readings, and then send these in the order they were missed.
(Up to 40 readings should be remembered)
3) A screen that allows the phone location posting to be switched on and off using buttons and access to the "Settings Screen".
The Lat/Long will be the last Latitude & Longitude pulled from the address.
We would also need the date / time this was posted and the number (if any) of queued (unsent) readings.
This is a Field Force app and the "Engineer" is simply the Username as entered in the settings..
See <[url removed, login to view]> for a description of the web service.
After being started, this application must not end until told to do so. That is, it must run in the background. If it cannot run in the background, then the phone location posting must be moved to a background process.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online